- Consumer Bankruptcy Clinic
- Consumer Protection Clinic
- Criminal Appellate Clinic
- Criminal Defense Clinic
- Environmental Law Clinic
- Eviction Prevention Clinic
- Fair Housing Clinic
- Federal Appellate Immigration Clinic
- Gender, Prison, and Trauma Clinic
- Immigration Clinic
- Intellectual Property & Entrepreneurship Clinic
- Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic
- Mediation Clinic
- Medical-Legal Partnership Clinic
- Public Health Law Clinic
- Survivors of Violence Clinic
- Youth, Education, and Justice Clinic
The consequences of a criminal conviction—even for minor offenses—are severe. Convictions can result in loss of liberty, housing, employment, and educational opportunities; inability to obtain financial assistance; disruption to families and communities; stigma; and much more. All of our clients face not only the direct consequences of convictions, but also the indirect consequences.
In the Criminal Defense Clinic, you will represent indigent clients who are charged with misdemeanor crimes in Baltimore through all phases of the criminal case—from fact investigation and plea negotiations to trial and sentencing. You will also represent clients in bail reviews, helping them seek release pretrial, and in federal post-conviction matters for clients serving lengthy prison sentences. During the course of client representation you will have multiple opportunities to appear in court and make substantive legal arguments, while also exploring the criminal process and criminal practice in depth.
My experience was hands down the best part of law school. The most challenging, but also the most rewarding.