- Alternative Dispute Resolution Team
- American Constitution Society for Law & Policy
- Asian Pacific-American Law Student Association
- Baltimore Outreach for Student Success
- Black Law Students Association
- Business Law Society
- Criminal Law Association
- Cyber Law & Data Privacy Association
- Entertainment Arts and Sports Law Association
- The Federalist Society
- Food Law Society
- If When How
- Immigration Law and Policy Association
- International Law Society
- Jewish Law Students Association
- Labor and Employment Law Association
- Latino Law Students Association
- Maryland Environmental Law Society
- Maryland Intellectual Property Student Association
- The Maryland Public Interest Law Project Inc
- Military Law and Veterans Society
- Moot Court
- National Lawyers Guild
- Parents Attending Law School
- Phi Alpha Delta
- The Republican Law Society
- Student Bar Association
- Student Health Law Organization
- Student Honor Board
- Students Supporting the Womens Law Center
- The Trial Team
- Thurgood Marshall Trial Team
- University of Maryland Association of Legislative Law
- University of Maryland Law Democrats
- Women's Bar Association
The Student Health Law Organization (SHLO) serves as the link between students and the Law and Health Care Program (L&HCP) at Maryland Carey Law. SHLO plays a vital role in engaging students in the L&HCP and connecting them with health law opportunities. The L&HCP is a pioneer in health care law and SHLO is an integral part of that status.
SHLO hosts events that enhance student access to health law career opportunities and resources. The organization’s events also promote awareness of and provide current information on health-related legal issues as well as opportunities for community engagement. Annual events include sessions on health law careers, practitioners’ panels, and the Health Law Regulatory and Compliance Competition. SHLO also facilitates a peer-to-peer mentoring program, which provides students with guidance on networking and professional opportunities in the field. Please feel free to contact SHLO officers with any questions regarding the organization.
For more information about SHLO, please contact us at email@example.com.
2023-2024 Executive Board
|Community Service Chair
|Jose Salvador Icaza
To sign up for the SHLO email listserv, please send an email with the subject "Add to SHLO listserv" to Secretary, Elizabeth Hassett.
To join the SHLO Blackboard group:
- Log into Blackboard.
- Click on the "Courses" tab.
- Search “Student Health Law Organization.”
- Click on the downward arrows to the left of the organization name and drop down menu will appear.
- Select "Enroll." This will take you to a "Self Enrollment" page.
- Click “Submit.”
If you need further assistance joining the SHLO Blackboard group, please email Secretary, Elizabeth Hassett.
Health Law Competitions
SHLO and the Law and Health Care Program annually host the Health Law Regulatory and Compliance Competition. At the competition, teams of law students from all over the country are given a hypothetical fact pattern, which they must analyze for potential health-law issues, including compliance with federal health regulations. Every year SHLO also supports the University of Maryland, Baltimore, Interprofessional Patient Management Competition, or IPMC, where teams of students from the schools of law, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, and physical therapy work collaboratively to evaluate an assimilated case scenario presenting complex diagnostic, therapeutic, and legal problems. If you are interested in participating in either of these health law-related competitions, or have any questions about these competitions, please email Health Law Competition President, Nikisha Sisodiya.